MUSEUM OF COPENHAGEN
The museum in the city / The city in the museum
The Museum of Copenhagen opened in Febryary 2020 in architect Hans J. Holm’s listed building from 1894 in Stormgade 18.
The restoration and transformation of the building has been executed in a rich interdisiplinary collaboration where the architectural and historical values of the building are re-evoked through carefully selected additions, transformations and restorations.
Together with our partner Rørbæk og Møller Architects, LETH & GORI has led the entire design team in the undertaking of the complex restoration work.
The new beautiful exhibition architecture is designed by JAC Studios.
Conservator: The National Museum of Denmark
The project is the result of a year-long and inspiring design process in close collaboration with The Museum of Copenhagen, Copenhagen City Archives (Københavns Stadsarkiv), The City of Copenhagen – Kultur- og Fritidsforvaltningen and Byggeri København.
See images from the construction site here: Museum of Copenhagen construction site